Keeping it simple and local
About Michel De France
Though Michel de France is located in Southern California, its roots and history are from the beautiful region of Brittany, France, the childhood home of Michel de France founder, Chef Michel.
Chef Michel was raised in the heart of crepe culture where crepes were always part of his family meals. Ham and cheese, eggs, vegetables, fruit and honey, and even desserts made with the thinner and sweeter crepes known as "gaufrettes", which were rolled with melted chocolate inside.
With a passion for food and a pocket full of family recipes to share with the world, young chef Michel left France for the shores of California. Locals began to flock to his homemade crepes filled with all the regional and fresh ingredients California has to offer.
Michel de France is the oldest and first crepe company founded in the United States. Thirty years have passed since its founding, but not Michel's passion for bringing new products, flavors, and innovations to the world. While Michel's crepe capacity has grown from a griddle to 200,000 crepes a day from a state-of-the-art automated line, the recipe used is still the one he brought with him from Brittany.
Michel's passion has been lovingly passed on to his two sons, Erwan and Philippe, who now run the company. Together, they are developing the next generation of exciting products to share with the world.
Gluten-Free Products, Norigami Soy Wraps, Cocktail Blinis, Roll and Fan Wafers, Organics and ready to heat desserts now round out the Michel de France line.
While the company has grown, so has our passion for sharing a little piece of our family tradition with yours.
Quality & Health
We carefully select the freshest ingredients to maintain a constant quality. Baked to order our products have a minimum stay in our warehouse. Read more about our ingredients and our Non-GMO pledge
We are continuing to review and update our SQF business continuity plans as this situation evolves. To ensure we protect our team members and that full-scale facility operations continue without interruption, we’ve taken the following preventative measures:
- Social distancing – we’re following guidance from state and municipal government officials to limit the size of any in-person group meetings and have eliminated all business travel.
- Work from home – all team members that are not essential to manufacturing, warehouse and distribution operations are working remotely from their homes.
- Suspension of all in-person meetings with suppliers/customers – we are utilizing phone, email and video conferencing to conduct all business partner meetings.
- No entry of non-Michel de France approved personnel to our facility
- Sanitizing Protocols – we have implemented sanitizing protocols for individual workspaces and added frequency of professional cleaning of our facilities.